The Sendissar are one of the six tribes of the Ancient North. They are generally peaceful, though when roused to protect themselves and others their will is fierce. Most Sendisarrans are shepherds and prefer to live in small communities with other Sendissarans.
Sendissar culture is family-centric, with both mothers and fathers raising and nurturing children. Sendissarans generally get along well with each other, forming easy friendships, but to a Sendissarans, no bond of tribe or friendship is greater than that of their own kin.
In Sendissar settlements, men generally work the small farms and herd sheep and goats, while women teach and care for children during the day. Once men return from the fields and hills, they take equal part in the care and teaching of their children. Children generally begin taking on adult duties around the age of 14 and usually marry between the ages of 17 and 20. The husband moves into his wife’s household and become a part of her family in exchange for a dowry that goes to the husband’s family.
Sendissarans speak their own dialect of the common speech, but use the common alphabet in their writing.
- Abilities: Sendissarans are strong-willed, but often suffer from poor health. +2 Cha, -2 Con
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Sendissarans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Speed: Sendissar base land speed is 30 feet.
- Skills: Sendissarans have learned to make up for their poor health by becoming skilled healers. In addition, they are skilled herders and generally understand animals well. +2 Heal, +2 Handle Animal
- Favored Class: Knight. Sendissarans with class levels in Knight may roll for hit points twice at each level, taking the higher of the two numbers.